Accessibility and Disability Support at the Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann Drogheda 2019
Toilets and Changing facilities
Accessible toilets at:
- Gig Rig – Bolton Square
- The Dome – St. Dominic’s Park
- Fleadh TV – Father Connelly Way
- Disability Louth Centre – Mayoralty Street
- Moblioo Changing Facilities on Fair Street (www.mobiloo.org.uk)
- For event Shuttle buses, please contact us 24hrs in advance to ensure we have accessible transport in place
- Bus Eireann run services through Drogheda. Please contact them on www.buseireann.ie to book an accessible bus
- Irish Rail run services through Drogheda. Please contact them on www.irishrail.ie to ensure the train is directed to the correct platform to exit at Drogheda train station
- Local link have a network of transport providers in Drogheda. Please contact www.locallink.ie for details
- Local Taxi drivers have accessible vehicles please pre book. Please see www.fleadhcheoil.ie for details
We have four designated Disability parking locations around Drogheda town centre:
- Location 1: King Street – off Sunday’s Gate
- Location 2: Car Park at Junction of Fair St and Georges Street
- Location 3: Parking Spaces along Patrick St (Gig Rig)
- Location 4: Parking Spaces in Playground Car park off Rathmullen Road (Dome)
All competition venues have designated disability parking spaces e.g Greenhills, Ballymakenny etc.
To access these spaces you will require an in-date ‘blue badge’ disability parking permit an I.D. holder must be present in vehicle. Spaces in all locations are first come first served. Please contact [email protected] for any queries.
Access will also be available to Laurence’s Centre, Town Centre, Scotch Hall, Haymarket Car park which have accessible pay for parking spaces.
Sometimes you may need a quiet space to have a moment away from the hustle and bustle of the main streets. We have two spaces designated to take a breather and refresh.
- Safe Space 1: St. Augustine Church – Shop Street – Garden 9-6pm
- Safe Space 2: Safe Space near Medical Centre – Bolton Square
Ambassadors and Support
Fleadh Event Volunteers will be stationed throughout the event space to support you with any queries or assistance you may need. They are there to lend a hand, feel free to ask!
Most event areas at the Fleadh are on concrete, with pathways and ramps. The Dome is in green field sites. Trackway will be in place and appropriate ramps will be in place for entry to the Dome. Please follow directional signage.
Temporary event spaces have designated areas for viewing:
- Gig Rig – Bolton Square – to the right of the stage (roped-off area)
- The Dome – St. Dominic’s Park – front of stage, left and right of stage Spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
Please contact the box office prior to booking concert tickets for accessibility to concert venues at www.fleadhcheoil.ie
Medical and Equipment Charging
Please visit the Medical Centre on Narrow West st. or IWA on Mayoralty Street should any assistance be required
For millions of disabled people worldwide the only place they can go to the toilet is their own home. This is unacceptable and we want to change it. Our mission is to enable disabled people to attend any event or activity – events from which they are often excluded due to lack of adequate facilities. We will be at the Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann Droichead Atha 2019, located on Fair Street. Please see the following link for more information; https://www.mobiloo.org.uk/
Volunteers are available at our concert events to assist anyone with mobility or other support needs. If a group of people with additional needs are intending to travel to Fleadh Cheoil Droichead Átha and require some support from our volunteer programme please contact [email protected]. You will need to give a minimum of two weeks’ notice.