Drogheda is located 30 miles north of Dublin and 70 miles south of Belfast. Getting here is easy, as Drogheda is only 20 minutes from Dublin Airport, and just 1.5 hours from Belfast. A first class modern transport network linking Dublin with Belfast passes directly through Drogheda. Getting here by car, bus or train is easy.
A number of International Airlines operate regular flights to Dublin and Belfast. Drogheda is only a 20-minute drive from Dublin Airport and an hour and half from Belfast International Airport. For more information on flying to Ireland, visit www.ireland.travel.ie
Dublin Ferryport is 30 minutes drive to Drogheda, while the Dun Laoghaire Ferryport is an hour’s drive via the East Link Toll Bridge. The port of Larne is less than 2 hours drive and Rosslare is 2.5 hours drive.
Drogheda has a substantial bus service with over 100 coaches to and from Dublin each day.
Bus Eireann operates frequent Expressway and regular services to Drogheda from Dublin, Belfast, Dundalk , Galway and Navan. An express bus service from Dublin Airport leaves hourly Monday to Saturday at 20 minutes past the Hour, service buses connect the airport with Balbriggan, Julianstown and Drogheda. For information on bus services click here www.buseireann.ie to visit their website or ring the appropriate number below:
- Dublin + 353 (0)1 836 6111
- Belfast + 44 (0)48 90 322424
- Drogheda + 353 (0)41 983 5023
- Dundalk + 353 (0)42 933 4075
- Derry + 44 (0)48 71 262261
- Letterkenny + 353 (0)74 21309
Matthews Coaches operate services directly to Drogheda on the M1 Motorway, daily from Parnell St in Dublin, they also run coaches from Bettystown to Dublin.
Telephone: +353 (0)42 9378188.
Iarnród Eireann operates frequent ‘Enterprise’, Inter-City and regular services on the Dublin/Belfast line to Drogheda. Laytown station (8 miles south of Drogheda) is well located for those travelling to the seaside destinations of Laytown and Bettystown. There are 33 trains running to and from Dublin each day with the Enterprise operating a 32 minute service to Dublin City Centre.
For further formation on the train services click here to visit the website www.irishrail.ie or contact the appropriate number below:
- Dublin + 353 (0)1 836 6222
- Belfast +44 (0)48 90 668258
- Drogheda + 353 (0)41 983 8749
- Dundalk + 353 (0)42 933 5529
- Drogheda is well served by taxis. Taxi companies include
- Dial A Cab – Freephone 1800-303060 or 041-9837663
- Caffrey Cabs – 041 98 32244
- Tony’s Cabs – Freephone 1800 -606070
- Sullivan Cabs – 041 9811198
- Mullen Cabs – 041-983 3711
- A Cabs – 041-9845555